Hey Everyone!
Wasn't General Conference just the greatest? I loved it! So excited for Star Valley to have a special temple of the Lord. It's just another evidence that the Lord loves his sons and daughters and wants to bless them at every opportunity. I loved how personable President Monson was and just how special he is. They all shared messages of hope and happiness, peace and love. Isn't that just what we need when the world today tells us that life isn't supposed to be that way. The Lord says yes it is! I can't wait to get the talks in the Ensign and re read over them.
This week has been a good one. One of the lessons we had this week was with our investigator, Jessica. She can't get baptized because she's not married, but she can't get married because it will disrupt legal issues for her boyfriend. At times we wonder if we should just keep teaching her and teaching her when no real progress can be made at this point. During the lesson we were both feeling kind of down because there were a lot of distractions and it seemed to feel like "why are we here?" But after the lesson she said that she told her boyfriend that when they can get married she is going to be baptized! He's been pretty against it. She was so brave and told him what she wanted. She said that she's a lot happier at church then at any other time and she now knows how to "hear" the Holy Ghost. She recognizes his voice. We felt really good after and knew that she still needed us.
Another investigator that we're working with is Jeannie. Her fiance is a returning Less Active. He has a testimony of fire and just feels the love of the church. He's so excited to be back. Jeannie is open and has a lot of potential. She has 3 young girls. They all came to the Sunday morning session of conference. We thought that was wonderful because there were so many great things to be shared. We will see them twice this week. I really loved Elder Yamashita's talk about missionary work and how feeling the love is the most important thing.I hope to keep that better in mind when I get overwhelmed with the daily tasks.
I love the Lord and His Gospel. No place better to be than in the work of the Lord!
Love y'all,
Sis. Erickson
Pics=
Tea party with root beer with Caden
One of my favorite ladies of Salisbury, Sis. Cannata
No comments:
Post a Comment