Happy mid October. Isn't that crazy it's already that time of year? Two weeks until Halloween. I love the holiday time it's just fun. It has been a good week here. We had a miracle on Wednesday. We went over to Mike and Jeannie's that night and taught the Gospel of Jesus Christ lesson. She still hasn't gotten her answer about if Joseph Smith is a prophet and if the Book of Mormon is true yet, but she said God did speak to her and told her at this time she needs to listen to our message. We were thrilled with that. Conversion comes one small step at a time. We invited her to baptized and she accepted. We also told her that we like to set goals with people to work toward a day for baptism. She looked over at Mike and asked him what day. He told her he was baptized on December 22. It was cute because then he continued to talk and share some other thoughts and she interrupted and said "ok back to me Dec 22 sounds great." Woo hoo! What is even more special is that she chose her own date and it will fall in the month of December which will fufill the call to have a "White Christmas!" Her three girls are with her this week, so we're going over tonight to play a game that we made for the Gospel of Jesus Christ lesson. They all came to church yesterday and enjoyed it. After church Mike and Jeannie were talking with the Bishop to set a day for their wedding so we played with the girls. We sang songs and they sat on the piano bench with me while I played for them. That is the news of missionary work happening here in Salisbury.
Something else that was pretty neat was that there was a missonary homecoming. Elder Fritzler just returned this past week from the Netherlands and he knew Elder Bair:) So he delivered a letter for me. I thought that was a pretty neat way to get a letter. He and his mom spoke yesterday and it was great. We went to dinner at the Craig's house and both of them came too. He got to share a little about his mission. It's so odd being a missionary seeing a missionary return home. I've only experienced that when I was...not...a missionary. I got to play the piano again which I have loved getting to do. As I played the opening hymn it was announced that Sis. Blake....the less-active family who we love and have been teaching....was going to give the opening prayer! I messed up playing because I was just so excited ha ha. They have made so much progress it's awesome!
Have a great week everyone!
Love y'all,
Sis. Erickson oxoxoxox
A great quote that Elder Holmes gave us goes something like this...
Before you even get to North Carolina you have to take your shoes off because this is God's country~ Michael Jordan
Pics=Sis. Elliff and I with the Craig family
Elder Fritzler, his mom Sis Bass and I
God's Country
Big crazy bite/rash thing
Mia Arntsen's baptism (family who moved here from UT this summer)
No comments:
Post a Comment