Monday, September 5, 2011

September

Hey y'all!


Hope that everyone had a great week! It's finally September. I'm excited for fall. It'll be a beautiful time of the year. We had our Sisters exchange this week. Sis. Elliff got to go to Tanglewood area with Sis. Scott for a day and Sis. Wagner came here to Salisbury with me. We had a good time. While Sis. Wagner was here with me we got to teach little Jose about the 13th Article of Faith and we played Bingo to go along with it. This is my favorite article. I love how it talks about the kind of people we should be. When I think of things that we should surround ourself with that are "of good report or praiseworthy" I think of how my mission has changed me. I enjoy not having to see the TV. It's one of the biggest blessings I could have. I love TV don't get me wrong, but it's nice not to be bombarded with things that are not of good report or praiseworthy and it makes me happy to know the Lord knows it's not best to be around what the world calls praiseworthy. We also got to do a lot of tracting and finding. We were able to talk to about 7 people which is a big jump from what we've been able to do each day. No new investigators yet, but it was still positive:) Sis. Elliff also came back with more excitement to thrust in our sickle and find those who are ready. That is going to be our main focus this week is work hard to talk to more and more people. Someone once told me of a quote from a past prophet or apostle that he had seen a vsion of what life would be like in the Celestial Kingdom and that if we wanted all of our brothers and sisters there with us we would run and tell people of the glad message of the gospel and when we were too tired to run we'd walk and then crawl to keep going. That puts it into perspective doesn' it?

Also our church attendance has almost doubled! There were about 127 people there yesterday. So many part member families came and we have some new potential people to teach. It was wonderful!

In my scripture reading I just read Alma 37. I love this chapter. In vs. 1,2,4-7, 9, 14 Alma is telling his son Helaman about the wonderful reasons we need the Book of Mormon. Then in vs 40-47 he gives a great analogy of the Liahona and our lives today. I would encourage y'all to read those. The work will go forth! Happy day all is well.

Love y'all

Sis. Erickson

No comments:

Post a Comment