Hey Y'all!
First off I am not getting transferred! Yippee:) I will be in Salisbury with Sis. Elliff until the end of October and then I will most likely get transferred. I am excited to stay and continue to work in this area. We had our ward conference yesterday and it was wonderful. The best part of the whole day was that Chris got to pass the sacrament. Bro. Arntsen our ward mission leader, took him up there and walked him through everything. He did a great job! Sis. Elliff and I just cried. It felt sooo good to be there. It was really spiritual. He's come so far and it's special to be a part of. I wish my words could do any justice to how wonderful it was. Also our investigator, Monsieah, had her baby girl! We had an appt with her at 3:30 on Friday and she started to have some cramping and then 12 hours later she had her little one! We went to the hospital and saw her. What's so neat is that at first Monsieah was not trusting of us or anyone. She's obviously been hurt before and she was really cold toward us. Now, she lights up when we visit. She told us she's never letting us go. It's been neat to grow to love her.
We did service on Saturday morning. It was the Salisbury Ward's day of service. We went to Lake Corriher in China Grove and attacked the wilderness. I thought we'd be clearing a little trail and cleaning it up. We cleared about 1/8 of a mile's worth of trees and vines and thorns. It was crazy! Luckily I didn't get poison oak, but some people did. We were so tired that day, but we went out tracting later and got to have a wonderful converstaion with a man named David. We've been practicing having better contacts with people and it was put to use. We just talked and at the end he said we had cleared up some misconceptions he had about Mormons. It's been a good week! I love the Gospel:)
Love y'all,
Sis. Erickson
No comments:
Post a Comment