Monday, September 19, 2011

The Holy Ghost

Happy September Y'all,


So glad to be sending home a little update about what's going on in Salisbury! We are still plugging away and trying to find some new people to teach who are ready to receive the Gospel. We are still working with some of our other investigators and less active members. I had a good moment with the Holy Ghost yesterday. We were out doing some finding, knocking on doors and talking to not very many people. We were in Mt. Ulla. Long dirt roads and very few houses. So I made the comment to Sis. Elliff that I know we are led by the Holy Ghost, but I wish we would know the end results of some of the things that happen. More just so we can build our confidence that the Lord is leading us. After finding we went to visit a less active woman named Brenda. After being there with her a while she said, "You know I've been thinking about you girls all weekend and wishing you would come and talk to me. Then here you are. Let's cook dinner together!" That was a neat little answer to prayer for me. Also a goal that Pres. Thomas has set for us is to have a "White Christmas" a missionary Christmas. We want every area to have a special baptism in December and get dressed up in "white!" Isn't that fun? I will be praying and hoping that the Lord makes this possible and provides those who are ready to take the covenenant of baptism. I know that the Lord will grant our righteous goals.

Love y'all,

Sis. Erickson

Pics= Cotton Fields!

Sister Jordan in the cotton fields

No comments:

Post a Comment