Hey Everyone,
I hope all is going well and dandy for everyone back home:) Just so that everyone knows I am ok and there was no damage done in my area from hurricane Irene! It's been quite the interesting week. On Tuesday we had an earthquake. We were doing our service at the Food Pantry and neither one of us felt it for some reason, but plenty of people around us said they did. No damage though! Pres. Thomas had all of us get extra water and food and fill our cars up with gas to help prepare for the hurricane. It was kind of an eery feeling because even with all the storms and things that have been predicted since I've been in NC we have never been told to specifically prepare. Luckily though the only thing that happened in Salisbury is a windy Saturday. Not even any rain. We were very blessed and I feel so grateful that's all that happened. Thank you for everyone's prayers and thoughts in my behalf. I am proud to report that I am doing well!
We had a good week, but a hard one at that. We are still struggling to find new investigators, but maybe it's so that the Lord can teach me a lesson that missionary work comes in ALL sorts of forms. We've been able to do service and to just talk with people and as long as we were able to uplift them and help them with a smile then that's the missionary work they needed that day. Have I cheered up the sad or made someone feel glad? If not I have failed indeed. On Saturday our entire day canceled. The back up to the back up to the back up fell through. I think we stopped by nine people and no one was home. We joked that the hurricane warning must have evacuated all of Salisbury and we didn't even know it. The day ended great though. We were doing some finding and knocking doors. We met a 16 yr old named Rob and had a great conversation with him. He had a lot of good questions. He said all his friend would say they have great relationships with God and he felt like the odd ball because he couldn't say he truly did. I understand. I felt and still do at times the same way. He didn't have a lot of friends. It was so good to talk to him though I felt happier because of it. We had to hurry and leave though because a cop drove by and told us our car was about to be towed away! Lucky for us we got there first. It ended up being a really rewarding day after all. I love the Savior and I'm grateful for the privilege it is to know about him and his plan. What comfort this sweet sentence gives I know that my Redeemer Lives!
Love y'all!
Love Sis. Erickson
No comments:
Post a Comment