Hey everyone,
I can't believe the month of August has finally come around. I am however looking forward to it being gone already because then hopefully the humidity will let up a little bit. Blah! I can't complain too much though:) We had a great week here in Salisbury. Chris got baptized on Saturday and confirmed on Sunday and also ordained a Priest in the Aaronic Priesthood. It was a good program for him. Pretty short and simple but it was nice. He is scared of water so he whooped and hollered as he came up from the water. We all thought he might hop right out of the font. Everyone got the giggles and I'm sure we all had shocked looks on our faces. But he made it! His sons Da'Vantaiye and Chancellor were there to watch it and also his girlfriend Angela. She was even moved to tears. We all wrote him a little testimony/note of encouragement while he was changing his clothes and we put it into a book for him. It was a good day. Afterwards we went to a Pioneer Day celebration in the park and everyone got to fellowship.
The Blakes were able to make it to Sacrament meeting again so that was a wonderful thing. We got to visit with the Maness family last night and we played Book of Mormon card games to help them with their Book of Mormon knowledge.
I know the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the true church of Christ restored to the earth through the Prophet Joseph Smith. I know this because I prayed and asked to know the truth. God always answers prayers. Sometimes we just don't listen or recognize how He does. I know that He answered my prayers because of the feelings I get and the love I have for the Gospel and the Prophets.
Have a blessed week ya'll!
Love Sis. Erickson
No comments:
Post a Comment