Hey Y'all,
Hope everyone is doing well and having a great week of August! Things are going well in Salisbury and as always I couldn't love the people any more than I do. Great people live here. We have a new ward mission leader. He and his family, The Arntsens, just moved from UT about a month ago and they are a huge asset to this small ward. They're really fired up about missionary work. He served a mission to Korea and she served in Houston Texas as young adults. It's been fun to talk with them about the same feelings I had when I was new here. Lots of green, really humid, kind people, everything's fried.....it's fun to live those memories over again as new. I can't wait to take some of NC back home with me. Minus the humidity. Actually I think I'm rather used to it now, maybe I won't know how to live without it? We are still teaching Jessica, and her kids, Jose, Mireya, Chris and Teresa. They are some of my favorite people. They are so humble and just enjoy life. They have a barn yard which is always fun. When we have lessons on their back porch we are entertained by goats, turkeys, and chickens. The goats always jump up on the lawn mower. Even though she can't get baptized right now because of it disrupting her boyfriend's visa papers, she still comes to church when she can and she has a strong spirit. I pray that one day her boyfriend will have a softened heart. We played "Life" with them. We made a game board and taught the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Different squares had things relating to showing faith, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end. If it was good they moved forward and bad backward or missed a turn. The game pieces were pennies with stickers on them. The Arntsens came with us and had a good time.
We are teaching a part member less active family right now. The Lancasters. Bro. L has an amazing conversion story because he used to be a Methodist Preacher. Although through the years he's been on and off again. He's wanting to come back for good because he knows that he cant find the same happiness anywhere else. His new wife (late wife has passed) has had an open heart and is taking the lessons. It's hard because they still haven't been to church and we've been teaching them for a long time now. They are both scared, but I know the blessings they will receive from coming. It'll all work out.
We are also still working with our favorite less active family the Blakes. They continue to come to Sacrament meeting and made the comment they want to start staying for Sunday school. The daughter is going to have a little baby soon, so I'm excited for them.
On Friday night we had dinner with the Weiner family where we always go to a China Buffet. Her husband is Jewish. I may have talked about them a while back. We didn't get to do a Sabbath ceremony with him this time, but still enjoyed good company.
I've been thinking a lot about what my specific purpose in coming to NC is and although I still don't know if I have it figured out, I do know that the Lord calls us to certain places for certain reasons. Not just missions, but other phases of our life. I'm so glad he's mindful of each of his children. Have a blessed last week of August y'all!
Love,
Sis. Erickson
No comments:
Post a Comment