It's been a really blessed week in Salisbury. As usual it's been extremely hot and humid, but it's amazing I have NEVER gotten a sunburn while being in NC. The humidity must help somehow I guess. The most exciting thing happening is that Chris is preparing for baptism on July 30th! He is doing really well and the ward has been helpful in making him feel welcome. I feel bad for him he's been sick and wasn't able to make it to church yesterday. Dang that Satan anyway. He is excited though because he will have his two sons with him this weekend so they will be able to see him get baptized. He really wants to set a good example for his sons and has a great desire to be a strong father. I'm so happy for him. Sis. Elliff and I had a fun experience in following the spirit. Or I should say she did, I followed her and we had a small miracle. We tried to contact a referral we had received for a Bible and we couldn't find the street so we drove around for a few minutes. She wanted to go down a certain street and we ended up running into the correct address. They ended up not being at home so we talked to a woman out sweeping her porch a few houses down. She thought we were Jehovah's Witness at first and wasn't real into talking. But we got to know her a little more and offered her a card with mormon.org on it. Then she read the name of the church and said "Oh, Y'all are with the Latter-day Saints?!" Apparently her daughter who works with the Salvation Army has been around members of the church and was interested in learning more about it and about the Book of Mormon. Her daughter was telling her mom that she had seen church commercials on TV and just knew there had to be Mormons in Salisbury. I was really happy for Sis. Elliff in following the spirit about where to go and when because I wasn't getting it ha ha. Another special thing was that an inactive family that we've been working with came to church for sacrament meeting. They haven't been in about 20 years. He had called us up a while ago and asked us to teach him the missionary lessons again. We've been going for about a month now. When we brought up church the first time he said he wasn't ready for that because he had anxiety problems. But we brought it up again just to see what we could do to help him feel more comfortable when he came and he said what time does it start? They came! The Lord is blessing this area. It's so neat to see. I love Jesus Christ and I'm very grateful that I can feel peace when I repent and I can feel His love.
Have a blessed week y'all!
Love. Sis. Erickson
| At the NC Zoo |
Sister Jordan and Sister Elliff
No comments:
Post a Comment