Saturday, July 16, 2011

:)

Hey Y'all!


It's been a really good week in Salisbury for Sis. Elliff and I. The weeks seem to go by fast. Before we know it summer will be over. That makes me sad because I love summer. Before I forget I wanted to mention that we got a notice that on all letters/packages that are sent to the mission office the first line needs to say "NCCM" and then my name on the next line. I think the mission office is in the process of moving I'm not sure but they would like y'all to please make that change. Thanks!

We were teaching a neat young lady named Shivgeai this week and she has a cute 3 yr old daughter who is miss sassy. It was so fun. At the end all the kids stood with the daughter in a line as Sis. Elliff instructed them how to pray. They closed their eyes and folded their arms and bowed their heads, then Sis. Elliff called the daughter over to help say the prayer. Well all the little cousins came and crowded around her. They would repeat the prayer. Even Shivgeai was saying it with them. It was so sweet and a tender mercy of the Lord to hear all these precious spirits saying a prayer together. Then that night we went to visit a RC and her Jewish husband. It was so fun and they are a hilarious couple. We got to participate in a Jewish candle ceremony to usher in their Sabbath.

Chris is also still preparing for baptism on July 30th. We had a great lesson with him this past week in the park. He really opened up and let us know more about him. He is excited to be baptized to be part of a family because he's never been close to his family and he's been on his own since about 15. He told us he really appreciated everything and this is helping him so much. His 2 boys came to church with him and really liked it and said they wanted to get baptized too! We told him that after he gets baptized and receives the Priesthood he can actually baptize them. Boy you should have seen his smile!

I know the work of the Lord is real. I found a new scripture I really like in D&C 111:2. I like the word instrumentality. We have to increase our obedience so he can increase our instrumentality.

Love ya'll!
Love Sis. Erickson
Pics=

Sis. Elliff and I
Solomon and I
Celebrating 1 year with little caesars
Candygram from Mom, Rand and Raeg






No comments:

Post a Comment