Hello Everyone!
Sorry this email is a day late! Since it was a Monday holiday, the library was closed so we were not able to get any email time. We get just a short while this Tuesday morning. Thank you to everyone who writes and emails, I look so forward to hearing from you each week. It makes me really happy to feel the love and support I get from everyone. This week has been a great week in Dobson. We see miracles more often then I realize and I need to be more grateful for them. We have 2 neat miracles I want to share. The first one is with our investigator Jessie. She is so awesome! A couple weeks ago we invited her to be baptized. She kinda laughed and said she'd have to think about it. We assigned her to read 3 Nephi 11. The Savior talks about his doctrine and the importance of following him and being baptized. She looked at us and said I need to do that. She knew that was important. She said she knew she was ready! AMAZINGNESSSSSSS! She had been introduced to the church by a family about 7 years ago, but she was not in the right time of her life to care of understand. She said she knows it's true and she's ready. She is so humble and sweet. She says she feels so much more happy and hopeful. She wants to forget the past and move on. She wants a new life. She has had a lot of rough things happen to her in the past and doesn't have anything to do with her family in Mexico. They don't even know she has a son. Her dad was the only one who she was close to and he has passed away. Her boyfriend who was not good to her has also died so her son has no father. We taught her about the plan of salvation and she talks about how we give her pieces to the puzzle. She always says tell me more! She said something that about made my heart melt...she said one day when Giovani grows up people say he's gonna be looking for his dad, but she says he'll grow up and find us and tell us thank you. Isn't that the sweetest thing anyone could ever say? She drove 45 minutes to go to church in the spanish branch. All by herself. She went! She's getting baptized on October 9th.
Our next miracle was while we were tracting. We walked up to a young man on his lawn mower. He talked with us. He said he believed in a God, but was losing his faith. He didn't ever see answers to his prayers. He had a lot of things wrong with his body that couldn't be explained. He had chronic pain and ear aches and he missed out on a lot of teenage things. He tries not to get bitter but doesn't know why bad things happen to good people. I had NO IDEA what to say. It's hard to know why certain people go thru certain trials. I just thought to maybe talk about the Atonement. As I did, I can honestly say I was going to focus more on the part that Christ understands. But then the part where we will have perfect bodies again one day came out. That really didn't come from me. It was really special. He looked at me and kinda smiled:) We are going to teach him this friday so hopefully something neat is on the way! Have a great week family and friends, and know I pray for you. I love my Savior, he's the only one who understands everything. Remember the Atonement is more than just for cleansing sin:)
Love,
Sis. Erickson
No comments:
Post a Comment