Hey Everyone!
It's been an awesome week in North Carolina. I've been down in Charlotte and just got back Friday night. Wow! It's a lot different than Dobson. It's very much the city. Sis. Flynn and I stayed with the sisters who work down there. We also had another sister join us. There were 5 of us and it was a lot of fun. We all slept in the same room, which is not very big I might add. Sis. Flynn and I made beds out of couch cushions. I was so exhausted every day I slept like a rock. It was really fun to get together with other sisters. It was like a giant slumber party. Sis. Flynn, Scott, and Collette went to the leadership training meeting along with other sisters and elders in leadership positions. They went for 4 days from 9-4. So when I got there I found out I would be out working with Sis. Manuo, my awesome MTC companion! I was slightly nervous though because we are both still really new. It was a learning and growing experience though for both of us. We realized we could do it! We went up to campus (University of North Carolina-Charlotte) and contacted people all day. Wow! There were a lot of people and it was fun to talk to people my age. There were many different religions and all sorts of back grounds. Younger people were a lot more open to at least talk. It was a lot of walking though. We would just sorta circle around campus all day. The first morning we got there after getting up at 4 AM Sis. Manuo informed me that I would be driving us to our service project. I was slightly worried...if anyone knows that I don't love driving in new places most especially big cities. Then I haven't driven for a few months. It turned out just fine and it felt good to drive again. We went to a big food storage place and sorted goods. On the way home we got stuck in rush hour traffic on the freeway. It took us about 4 hours to get home. Ha ha the poor Elders stuffed in the back. But I'm home now and I learned a lot about myself. I can be a lot more brave to talk to people.
Yesterday, Sis. Flynn and I had an interesting day. First off, we were tracting this hispanic nieghborhood where there was lots of fun music playing ha ha. Then we went up to this house that had a puppy on the steps. We started to pet her and she got so excited I think she peed a little. Then the excited wagging tail proceeded to whap it on us. Sis. Flynn was the closest so got it on her face. HAHAHA! We both looked at each other really confused at first as to if it was raining or just what. Then we realized. It was hilarious though we were both laughing quite hard.
We also have a new investigator named Allison. She's 24. Her and her sister live in this run down trailer on the end of a hidden road. We just felt like we should go there and she was really accepting. We actually met her last week and taught her the Restoration, then we had a follow up appointment. We watched the Restoration DVD. She is really searching. She was reading from the Book of Mormon. Her boyfriend told her she was crazy. She told him until she knew if she wanted to be a part of it or not it was staying on their shelf:) She's sassy for someone who's 5 feet tall! So she's really truly wanting to know. The Lord is blessing me and the people here in Dobson. It's amazing. I really missed Dobson, and decided I don't really want to leave here:) Thanks for all your prayers and support. I'm praying for ya'll too! Have a great week!
Love, Sis. Erickson
No comments:
Post a Comment