Monday, September 27, 2010

Another Baptism!

Hi Family and Friends,

It's been a good week in Dobson. It's been kinda rainy the past few days but that's been nice since the temps have been back up in the 90's most of the time. The neatest thing that happened this week is that Nicole Waddell got baptized yesterday! Yay:) I don't know if you'll remember but Nicole is Jamie's wife. She had her records removed from the church a few years ago. Jamie got baptized recently. So her baptism was a more private thing since it's kind of a private situation. We did it a few hours after church yesterday. I tell you what Satan does not want that family baptized! Jamie's baptism day was crazy and so was Nicole's. They must have wonderful things coming their way though. The font takes a few hours to fill up and so we filled it halfway on Saturday night after the Relief Society broadcast. When we went in the morning to check on it before church it was still filled. Well after church we went to go fill up the rest and somebody had let the drain out! So we had to start all over. Then we could no longer find the white pants Jamie wore (he was going to baptize her). So we were frantic trying to find big enough pants for him. Poor guy! Their 2 little girls were cranky and kept throwing fits and crying. Then Jamie had to do the baptism 3 times because he didn't say the wording quite right or Nicole didn't get all the way under the water. What a day!!! But, it all worked out well and it's one of those times to remember:) She is baptized! They're a wonderful family and are making great changes. I was so happy for them. I told Sis. Flynn secretly that I didn't want Nicole to get baptized because that meant we'd have to keep going to their home to teach them. They are so funny every time we go and they crack me up. Nicole has got me hooked on Nutella. It's delicious and also 200 calories a table spoon. They know I'm addicted to treats. They always say when they see Reese's at the store they think of me. Oh great what kind of reputation am I leaving all over Dobson? It was a great day and I'm so happy to have been a small part of their family. Sorry this is a shorter email today, I hope everyone is doing well and excited for General Conference coming up this weekend. I know I am excited to hear the prophet and apostles speak us. I love you all have a great week!

Love,
Sis. Erickson

No comments:

Post a Comment