Hey Y'all,
It's been a good but crazy week. All our appointments fell through, every day. I don't like when that happens. But on Saturday we were out knocking some doors in an apartment complex. We decided to pray and put our faith in the Lord. We took off our watches and turned off our phone and decided to stay out a little longer before we went home for lunch. We never made it home. 4 doors later we ran into Aaron. He is a professor at UNCC. He teaches English. He looked happy to see us and it left me confused because I wondered if he knew who we were. He asked us if we could sit down with him and so we sat at a little table outside for the next 3 hours. It turns out he has a good friend who is Mormon and he loves his lifestyle. He believes in the way he lives. He is looking for a place where he can contribute and be needed and a place where he can have a family type community. I thought it was so interesting because that's what President Hinckley said all new converts need "to be nourished by the good word of God, a friend, and a responsibility." We taught him in good detail about the Restoration, the Book of Mormon, and the Plan of Salvation. We got to teach him in a new way. He already had a good understanding of quite a bit of the details and so we were able to help clarify and piece things together. It was amazing! I've never had that happen before on my mission. He just ate it up and said so what do I need to do to become Mormon? He is planning on reading the Book of Mormon within the week. We told him he was a "dry-Mormon" because it's as if he already knew everything even though he had never really been taught. I love how the Lord truly prepares people and when they are prepared they are spiritually hungry and looking for that refreshment. What an answer to a prayer of faith! When we first met Aaron on his doorstep, he was so funny because he was asking questions about missions in general. He asked if knocking doors was effective and if we had ever met some one who actually converted from meeting missionaries on their doorstep? I told him that some of the people I loved the most I met while knocking on their door.....who knew that 3 hours later he may be headed in the same direction?
Love y'all!
Sis. Erickson
Pics=
We drew the apostles in chalk on the campus stairs...lots of people asked questions and we got to give away a Book of Mormon
Sis. Brooksby and I got to have dinner with Pres. and Sis. Thomas, we stopped by and they let us stay for dinner. Pres. got me laughing at something
No comments:
Post a Comment