Hello dear family and friends,
It's been a good week in Salisbury! Sis. Collette and I were able to try to spread the gospel to a lot of wonderful people. We got to talk in Sacrament meeting yesterday. I spoke on faith and she spoke on repentance. We both lose track of time when we are up there in front of everyone so we made up a coughing signal when our ten minutes was up. 2 coughs. It was kind of funny. I really like the ward I'm in. I'm still trying to get to know who people are which is always a big job, but I'm getting it little by little. Our investigator Jessica has a son named Jose who won 3 place in an world peace art contest. So we went to support him on Saturday as he got an award at a park. They had many different religions pray and some African/Hispanic dancers. It was a lot of fun! One night we weren't quite sure what to do so we drove to see our investigator Paul. He wasn't home, but the people who live next to him were outside smoking and asked who we were. When we got talking to them they said they were excited because they were wanting to get back into church. They want to come next Sunday with Paul and check us out. Roger, was really touched and he asked if he could say a prayer. He started to cry. It was really sweet. We were so glad the Lord led us to find them and hopefully we can begin teaching them about the gospel.
Last night we stopped by a potential investigator named Jimmy Johns....no relation to the famous sandwiches he assured us. He's so cute! He's 60 and he's a hard core biker. He is really interested in finding the truth, so hopefully we can begin teaching him as well. As we left we were surrounded by lots of frogs in his driveway! We were trying to catch the little critters. There are lots of exciting things in the south! Speaking of which...as I type this email there is a black man sitting next to me with a pick in his fro. Only in the south y'all.
I love NC and all the wonderful people to teach. They are so full of the light of Christ and I'm excited for the miracles that are sure to come!
Have a blessed week!
Love ya'll,
Sis. Erickson
No comments:
Post a Comment