Hi to all Jordan's friends and family!
She has been transferred to Salisbury, NC and currently doesn't know her address. She suggested just sending any letters to the mission home for right now. :O) It is;
6407 Idlewild Road, Ste. 104
Charlotte, NC 28212
Hey You'ins!
I am officially apart of the new area of Salisbury! It's a great place to be. It's about 60 miles south of where I was in Wilkes...I think. It's a lot closer to Charlotte. It's more humid and has a lot more people. I feel a little bit like a misfit...because I'm so used to the country. The ward is great and there are some neat people who are planning on being baptized. Kalaysia who is a 9 year old girl. She has a date coming up in a few weeks. Also a cute man named Paul from Liberia who is planning on getting baptized the first part of June. There was just barely a family of 3 baptized and confirmed the week before I got here. They are doing great. It's a fruitful area and I'm excited to be part of it. My new companion is Sis. Collette from California. I think she said in the San Bernadino Mountain area. She is really sweet. She has been out the same amount of time as Sis. Knight and Sis. Durfee. She'll go home in October. There is a really sweet investigator here named Jessica. Apparently there was a rough incident that happened in Relief Society a few weeks ago and someone said something about the Priesthood being dominant over women. I guess that kind of scared her and she stopped coming to church and having the sisters come over. We stopped by a few days ago and she said that she was depressed and missing church and knew that the gospel brought her happiness and peace. The only thing that had kept her going through this week was reading through the Book of Mormon. She said that we were her lifeline and she was scared what might happen if she were to cut it. She didn't want that little incident to stop her from finding happiness! It was a miracle.
I never did get to report what happened on my last weekend in Wilkesboro....we went to visit David on Mother's Day. He had lost his mother in a fire a few years ago and so he was having a hard day. He said that he hadn't wanted to live the past few years. His girlfriend had left him and she had his 2 girls who he doesn't really get to see and he was depressed with how his life was. He started to cry and then he said, "Y'all came a few days later." The gospel really does heal wounded souls and we can be forgiven of our past transgressions. It's amazing! Also he completed the stop smoking program!!!! he said that he was scared he couldn't do it, but as soon as he set his mind to it he wasn't looking back. He is officially a non smoker! We were gonna have a celebration at the Huff's on Monday night and have Mexican food, it ended up not working out last minute so we took Danielle and grabbed some pizza and went to his house and watched the Testaments for a last minute party! It was a lot of fun!
I am excited to be in this area! It's a good place.
I love y'all have a blessed week!
Love. Sis. Erickson
No comments:
Post a Comment