Monday, March 7, 2011

Alma Chptr. 32

Happy March Everyone!


Time is a flying away...I've had a really good week though. I've been able to feel the spirit a lot in different things I've been a part of and that is a blessing. I'm getting very excited for Elder Oaks visit this upcoming Saturday. That is such a treat to look forward to. I get to shake his hand. I will be able to report more on what happens next week. We have a lot of missionary meetings this week which will be a nice thing but a lot of traveling...I hate driving. Not always, but motion sickness isn't so fun and Carolina roads don't believe in being straight at all. Hopefully I'll survive. We have a leadership training meeting in Hickory on Wednesday, our District Meeting in Lenoir on Thursday, and then Elder Oaks visits in Charlotte on Saturday. It's been raining a lot here, which is good because then things will green up when the sun comes back out. The daffodils are popping up all over! On Saturday we were able to have 12 Quality Gospel Conversations or QGC's! Our goal is 10 per day and our numbers are low over the whole mission for that. It was a great day to reach over the goal for us. We met a really neat young man who has a lot of potential. His name is Justin and he's 17. He was home sick from school so we got to talk to him. He is really open to religion and was soo interested in the Book of Mormon. He and his girlfriend read from the Bible every night together over the phone so they are going to start reading this too. We are going to call him Thursdays at 6:00 to check up on him and see how his reading and questions are coming along and hoping to set up an appointment soon! I know that reading the Book of Mormon opens up the channels of revelation to us. I did a personal activity out of Preach My Gospel that related to this. I was reading in Alma Ch 32 where we have to liken it to ourselves. I was able to know direction I need to take in my life. It's so amazing! Have a blessed week y'all!

Love from the South,

Sis. Erickson

No comments:

Post a Comment