Monday, August 16, 2010

Sweatin' through the work ;)


Sister Flynn, Sister Jord and Pres. Thomas

Hello Everyone!

Can you believe another week has already come and gone? They seem to fly by! It's been another great week in Dobson and the Lord always takes good care of us:) Last week we had Zone Conference in Winston-Salem which is a city about an hour away. It was from 9-4. It was so great to be around other missionaries and have training and just feel the spirit. It was something I definately needed. It helps you reconnect with your purpose. Sis. Flynn and I are the only 2 sisters in our whole zone. President and Sister Thomas were there. I love them both! They are just the best people. Pres. Thomas talked a lot about the atonement which is something I always love talking about and trying better to understand in my life. At the end of Zone Conference they had the Elders who would be going home soon bear a brief testimony. Apparently they forgot to mention a few names and Sis. Thomas remined President Thomas. He came over to her and gave her a knuckle bump and said thanks for reminding him. ha ha it was hilarious. They have a cute relationship. I have been getting conned into playing the piano a lot lately. Something I'm used to is always having someone in the crowd who plays the piano and is really talented so they play all the time. That's how it is in Utah. So not that way here! No women in relief society can play. So I get asked to play a lot. I love it, even though I'm not the best. Especially when I can't practice very often. For Zone conference one of the zone leaders asked me to play prelude for 20 minutes while everyone sat in the chapel quietly. AHH Scary. So Sis. Flynn came and sat by me so I didn't have to be alone on the stand. It wasn't too bad and I'm actually grateful for the chance I have to get to play more.

Jamie our investigator gets baptized next Saturday! He's awesome. It's like he's been a Mormon for so long without really even knowing it. I'm excited to see it all happen.

Mom, Russell loved his tie tac! Oh he's so cute. He wore it to church yesterday!

So I have a quetion for anyone to research and let me know. Why does humidity make you sweat to death even if it's not very hott outside?

We have been able to meet a lot of potential investigators this week that seemed interested so we will be making plans to see them again this week. We've been teaching a man named Travis. He has lets say...extreme...law of chastity issues. We've been having an older lady drive us who is a member. She handles him quite well it's great. We'll see how it all ends up with him and if he really wants to change or not.

I love the youth of the branch. They're all really great friends and they hang out at the Glasses home which is right in front of ours. Emily is 17 and she comes with Sis. Flynn and I tracting sometimes and to appointments. She's coming to a zone activity we have later this afternoon. I feel right at home with them all.

I love this new scripture I found Galations 2:20. Have a wonderful week everyone! Sorry for the shorter email we don't have very much time today. I know families can be together forever and I'm so grateful that the Lord wants us to be happy!

Much Love from the south,

Sis. Erickson
Jord loves Ray

Jord and Sister Flynn with their "care package".  Jord is a huge lover of the Disney show, "The Princess and the Frog", and she said being in Dobson and seeing all the fireflies reminds her of this movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment