Well, another week has quickly sped by I feel like and it's already Monday again! It's almost the middle of August! It's been a good week and Sis. Flynn and I just keep doing our thing and hoping one day we see some awesome miracles:) The Lord does bless us every day though. I appreciate those who write and email. We've still been teaching Jamie and he's doing wonderfully. Not that I have any experience to go upon, but every time we teach him he just accepts the commitments and does them. I asked Sis. Flynn if that was normal and she said no and it threw her off when there was no questions to answer or concerns to resolve ha ha! He's doing great though. He is working at a Donut shop at three in the morning. He got off at 9:30 and still came to church even though he was late. Wow! His mother and father in-law come with us to teach him and they're hilarious. She picks us up and lets us ride with her. Here's a funny one for you Rand...she was saying something and said "we wasn't" and then I said it back to her in my response. I said "we wasn't"! Ba ha ha and I didn't even realize. It made me chuckle. Jamie is married to Nicole and they have 2 young daughters under the age of 4. I bought this cheap watch at Wal Mart and they love it every time I come over because they can make it light up. He's getting baptized August 21st.
We are still teaching a lady named Helen. She's an older lady and just so sweet. I think she likes our company because she doesn't get out much. She is able to get out though. She always says we're sweet and she thinks I'm from the country ha ha. I don't know what she means by that but she tells me anyway. Hopefully it's a compliment:) She is having a hard time coming to church because her aches and pains always seem to surface on Sunday mornings. We think she's just nervous so we've tried to schedule a tour with her of the church building. Hopefully she'll come because she wants to get baptized! But she must come to church! I love her though. Speaking of the church building...we live just three houses away from it which is so convenient because there are very few LDS buildings here and our cell phone gets horrible service so we go make calls there. There is a gopher that lives under the porch of the Glass family in front of our shanty. He's out every morning and then runs away when the door squeaks. The butterflies here are HUGE! Every single one is the size of my palm. We have a GPS that Sis. Flynn got for Christmas and I tell you what, I don't know what we'd do without it. There is no pattern or organization to roads here. The same exact road will have different names at different places along the way. We came home one night and there was a giant slug on the side of our house by the door. SICK. We named him Sullivan because he was too sick not to name. I'll send a picture. Everyone here has dogs. Like usually between 2 and 4 per household. They seem to follow us from house to house. They all like to jump on you so the lovely clay soil gets washed out of my skirts weekly. Little devils.
I'm doing great! It's beautiful here and I'm becoming so educated on Baptists! I will go to one of their meetings before I leave ha ha. It strengthens my testimony and I'm grateful to know the truth. I'm well taken care of and I'm safe and happy. I have a testimony of the Book of Mormon. It is the keystone of our religion. People here don't see the need for it, but I'm so happy to know its essential:) I pray for you all and think of you. Keep being good to others and serve all you see. I love you and until next week over and out!
Love, Sis. Erickson
"Sullivan the Slug", new pet?
| This is an ugly room in their house...BEFORE... And this is the room...AFTER being painted Much Better! |
No comments:
Post a Comment