Monday, December 5, 2011

Staying in Charlotte

Hey Everyone!


Happy December! It's been a good week and a busy one at that. So first news. I am not getting transferred. I will be staying in Hilliard for the remainder of my mission. I am excited to stay. I'm still getting used to everything and trying to know my way around. Sis. Brooksby is getting transferred. I don't know where to yet. She is going to be doing the second half of training a new missionary so I'm excited for her.

On Tuesday we were doing some finding in an apartment complex and met Landon. We talked with him for about an hour on his doorstep and he said that out of all the religious groups he's talked to our message made the most sense. I hadn't had the best attitude about going and knocking on doors. But when I decided to make the best of it and be happy we found Landon. The Lord blesses us when we do things with a willing heart. Sadly we haven't been able to get back in touch with Aaron yet. That night we went around campus and made advertisements in chalk to help people want to come to the Student Union the next day. The event was fun we projected the videos up on the wall. We talked to a few students. People are pretty busy with finals though. It was still fun and we planted a lot of good seeds.

I am healing well from the accident. We were sore for a few days and have scratches bumps and bruises, but feeling a lot better. Everything happens for a reason though. We had to take the bus down to the mission office (which is also the ward building we go to) because we now have no car. We had to fill out some accident report paper work. Because of that we met Donyell on the bus. He is awesome! We set an appt the next day and met him at the huge bus center in Uptown Charlotte. I hope we get to see him again soon.

Last night we just walked around following the spirit. We were walking by a TJ Max and I felt like we should go in there. It was funny because it's Sunday and obviously that might look bad. But we talked to a few of the employees and helped lift up their day.

I am sending out an invitation to everyone to go to mormon.org and make a profile. It doesn't have to be long and it's a way to be a missionary. I will have mine up there this week hopefully.

I have a testimony of Jesus Christ. I know that He and God our Father live. They are involved in our life each day if we but look for the small "coincidences." I hope we keep the spirit of Christmas in our hearts because it is the spirit of Christ.

Love y'all,

Sis. Erickson

No comments:

Post a Comment