Hey Y'all!
What a crazy week in Hilliard I must say! We had transfers this week which are always busy and exciting. Sis. Fagg is my new companion. She's from Sandy, UT. She's just a little over her year mark and she's great. She will be a sweet person to spend my last transfer with. I'm glad to be her companion. Sadly, she's had a lot of health problems on her mission and this move didn't prove any different for her. She has been sick and thought it was just intestinal problems. So after an emergency appointment with the gynecologist they transferred her to the ER to be checked for appendicitis. Which she ended up having! Poor thing. So we spent the night at the hospital. Around 9:30 the Elders came and gave her a blessing and me a subway sandwich:) Then I hunkered down in the waiting room until about 2 AM. I was meant to be there though because one of the maintenance men came and started chatting with me. I walked and talked as he emptied garbage cans. He unfolded a lot about his life and some of the goals he has. I was able to give him a card and share a little bit about temples and eternal families and I felt the spirit. It was a neat experience to have when I was so tired at 2 AM. The next day I went on a little exchange with another Sis missionary to go home and shower and nap. Things worked out well and Sis. Fagg got to come home the next evening. She's doing a lot better. Still sore and weak, but she's awesome. It was kind of fun to be able to be around the nursing scene again. I actually remembered some things and it was an exciting atmosphere.
Last night we went to the mission home for a fireside presented by Pres. and Sis. Thomas and the Assistants. It was about the wonderful gift of the Savior and his life. One thing that really stuck out to me that Pres. Thomas said was what a privilege it was to walk by faith in this life. I always thought of it as something difficult. To believe in the Savior when we have not seen him or the miracles he performed. But he talked about a gift it was to just have a believing heart. May we all have a believing heart and remember that the Savior is real. He is a person with a body like ours. He listens and talks and loves.
I love him.
Merry Christmas from North Carolina!
Sis. Erickson xoxoxoxoxo
Pics: Sis Thomas and I at the mission home
Sis. Fagg and I at the hospital
Our poor smooshed car at the junk yard
No comments:
Post a Comment