Monday, June 27, 2011

Sister Jordan has been serving for one year!

Hey Y'all:)


It's been a great week! My new companion is Sis. Elliff from Gilmer, Tx. So she's already got the accent down pat. Maybe she can help me with mine? We've had a great few days together and we get along so well. When I saw the new sisters get out of the van at Statesville, I just knew who my new comp was and it was right:) I am grateful the spirit told me who she would be and I'm grateful we have got along so well. It's been awesome. They are continually preparing missionaries better at the MTC and she has been comfortable jumping right in and working as my equal. Which is good because I feel like I don't know what I'm doing. I've been letting her start out lessons off and help invite people to make commitments and she's doing so great. Yesterday at church Charlene and Matthew Maness and their daughter Keisha Faggart gave their first talk. They were baptized on Mother's Day. They bore their testimonies and told their conversion story to the church. It was so wonderful and I am more amazed at how the gospel is for EVERYONE no matter of life style or circumstance. Then last night we had dinner with them and they made Sis. Elliff a "greenie" dinner or as Matthew likes to call her "the Greenhorn dinner" ha ha! We had green beans, green colored rice, and green chicken pot pie. It was awesome!

We have been teaching some really great people and we were blessed with 3 new investigators this week. Monsieh and Willamette, who are from Liberia and also Darrell. Darrell is tutoring a grandson of one of our members and she had told him about the Book of Mormon. He wanted to learn more and so we had a lesson and he came to church yesterday! It's fun to share the gospel.

I know that Jesus Christ lives. He lived and walked on earth 2,000 years ago and I know with my whole heart He still lives today. I know God is aware of who I am and what I need even if I don't. I know the Book of Mormon can strengthen our testimonies of the Prophet Joseph Smith and the Restoration of Christ's church on the earth.

Have a blessed week!

Love always,

Sis. Jordan Erickson

Pics=
Manness Family
Magnolia Tree
Sis. Elliff Greenhorn dinner
Sis. Collette and I at Happs, a famous hot dog all the way place
My neighbor friend Solomon
The Craig Boys who I love





 
 
 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment