Friday, June 10, 2011

Prospering in Salisbury

Hey Y'all,


Life is going wonderfully well in Salisbury NC! It's most definatley warm and humid but there is a lot of warm people too. This past week Sis. Collette and I went to a Zone Leader Council and we sang Jesus Lover of My Soul along with one of Zone Leaders. It was fun, I've never got to sing before. Raeg, I was thinking of you the whole time:) I always enjoy getting to hear council from President and Sis. Thomas. I love them so much. Kalaysia, who is a 9 year old girl is preparing for her baptism this upcoming Sunday. She's doing really well and is excited to follow Jesus Christ more closely in her life. She has a cute puppy named JJ that we like to play with when we go to her house. Yesterday, Matthew Maness a RC passed the sacrament for the first time. It was so great. He did a great job and was so happy he is able to hold the Priesthood power of God. Wonderful news, I heard that David Hood got baptized this past weekend! He was one of the great people I was able to be part of teaching in North Wilkesboro! I am so happy for him:) Congrats to him. This week we had a miracle. A man named Tim called us asking for an Elder Jacobsen. When we told him that there are sister missionaries here now he started to tell us his story. He is not a member but his wife is. She isn't active however. I guess when Elder Jacobsen was serving in Salisbury he gave Tim a Book of Mormon. Tim said he read it and he's read most of the Ensign from this past General Conference and he wants to take the missionary lessons! He called and asked us! It's a miracle. We are scheduled to go to his home on Tuesday night for dinner and to learn more about him and have a lesson. It was like Manna from heaven. It's so neat how the Lord pours out blessings.

I love y'all,
Love Sis. Erickson

Pics=

Kalaysia, JJ, and I
Sis. Collette and I
Huge Mural in Salisbury




No comments:

Post a Comment