Monday, April 11, 2011

Loving her new companion, Sis. Durfee!

Hey Y'all,


Hope y'all are doing good and I'm wishing you a happy spring from the good ole' South! I love it here. No place better in the world that I could have served the Lord. The light of Christ is so present here in the faith people have in our Lord and Savior. It's amazing. Interesting traditions, but amazing none the less. This past week was awesome. Sis. Durfee and I worked really hard and tried to lengthen the borders of Zion. We are teaching some amazing people. David Hood is one of them. We taught him at the church this week and took a tour around the builiding. We watched the DVD of the Restoration and he loved it! I have also gained a testimony of the power of Satan. When we talked last week with David he said that it should be no problem to switch his schedules to not work on Sundays but ever since he said that he told us that for some reason the more he tries to get them off the more his boss is working him. Also right in the part of the DVD when Joseph has the First Vision, David's cell phone starts blaring. Satan doesn't want him to do what's right! But the Lord is stronger and so is David. As members of the church we can't be hirelings, we must be Shepherds like Christ. "But he that is an HIRELING and not the Shepherd whose own the sheep are not, seethe the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep. The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep. I am the good SHEPHERD, and I knoweth my sheep, and am known of mine." John 10: 11-14. We have to fight against evil to help people stay safe and come unto Christ. It's a full time job to be engaged in the happiness of souls whether we are a full time missionary or not. David is staying strong though!

I've had a real sense of God's love and that He is real. Everytime I look at the beautiful countryside in NC I see Him. I have really come to learn patience and that our lives are in God's hands. I still have a lot more to learn, but so far in my life I've seen that if we are doing what we should, Heavenly Father takes care of the rest. He knows us by name and he cares about us.

Love y'all

Love love love

Sis. Erickson

PICS=

Pretty scenery

Our new friends Snuff and Luffagus

Lost Cow!

Sister Jord being kind to ALL God's creatures!

"Snuff and Luffagus"

Beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment