Monday, April 18, 2011

Another great week in NC!

Hey Y'all,


We had a wonderful week in the work of our Lord! Lots of good things happened. We got to have interviews with President Thomas. It's always so good to see him. When you're around him you feel like things are possible and rejuvenated for the work. He was so nice and told me that I had changed since I came. That I'm not the same as when I got here. That made me feel so good. I want to continue to become better and more spiritually dependent on Heavenly Father and full of faith.

Also we got a flat tire....so Sis. Durfee and I changed it. In our skirts on the side of the road, and Sis. Durfee was in heels. But the good old southern men stopped to help us and we got on our way in no time. We joked and said it was a new method of finding...acting the damsel in distress and then passing out mormon.org cards.

David is doing so wonderful! He's in 2 Nephi and he received revelation through the Book of Mormon which is a huge part of the conversion process. His mom died in a fire years ago and he's wondered if there could be a God and why he would let something that awful happen that way. He read 2 Nephi 2:22-25 and realized that there is opposition to grow. It was amazing. He finally got work off this upcoming Sunday so he said I WILL BE THERE!-meaning at church. We went over to the Youngs house last night for dinner with David and Danielle came too. We also watched Joseph Smith the Prophet of the Restoration. It's the one that's played in the JS Memorial building. He loved it and I think it opened his eyes to how much Joseph and his family went through. It also opened mine. I felt very strongly that Joseph was called as a prophet and that he would not have gone thru all he did if it were not for the cause of truth.

"Shall we not go on in so great a cause?"

What a wonderful week coming up....Easter. This is one of my favorite seasons of the year. Everything is new and fresh and it reminds me of the Atonement of the Savior. It's been on my mind a lot lately. Jeffrey R. Holland said that because Jesus walked such a long lonely path we do not have to do so.

I know that missionary work is the most important thing we can ever do. Whether it be in the walls of our own home or across the world or in North Carolina:) Bringing souls to Christ is what this life is literally all about.

Love y'all,

Sis. Erickson

Pics=

Sis. Durfee and I with the beauty of spring in NC

We went to the RS activity where they had a clothes swop and I got some awesome new capris and an High School Musical Shirt...so we had to jump for joy:)






No comments:

Post a Comment