Hey Everyone!
Happy January! It's a great time of the year. This week has been good for all of us in Wilkesboro...as usual! We are still in a trio and plan to be so through this transfer at least. So at least until into February. The work has been a little slow. Winter tends to do that and Sis. Singleton has some back problems so we aren't able to get out very much unless we have appointments. We have been blessed to have a lot of those though. We have been working with some less-actives Scott Marlow and Paul and Allison West. We went to the West's home on Tuesday for dinner. It happened to be Sis. Knight's 22 birthday so we had a great time. They got her a cute balloon and we had brownies and fajitas. We tattled that it was Sis. Knight's birthday all day so that was really fun. We embarrassed her good. Scott is really great. He has some addictions that he's working through and trying to work towards going to the temple. He's beginning to read the Book of Mormon again which is wonderful. There is a power in the Book of Mormon that speaks to your spirit. There's simply no other way to say it. It only does that though when you put an active effort into reading and dissecting its pages. Scott has 5 huge dogs and 5 fat cats. It's a party everytime we go. My favorite dog is Roofus. He's an 80 pound golden retriever. He likes to sit on you or on your feet and lean on you. He's huge! Stinky breath too. I love him. We are still meeting with Danielle. She's doing so great! She has always had a hard time viewing herself as a literal daughter of God but she's had some neat experiences that speak to her heart. We watched "Finding Faith in Christ" with her. I recommend that movie. She said she felt that same feeling of God's love for her after watching it. Also Ben Cooper is doing well. He is engaged to Deloris who is a less-active who is returning to activity. Right now we're teaching Deloris the lessons again and helping her to rekindle that testimony. Ben is still participating but needs some time so we're slowing down a little with him, but I know he'll come around. I am loving my sister companions. We are true friends and are enjoying being together. The people of the ward are treating us so well.
My testimiony has truly grown since coming on my mission. I do love my mission and North Carolina. I'm so grateful the Lord needed me here for whatever reason he has. It's a great place to serve and it will always hold a piece of my heart. I have grown to truly love people despite anything they are doing or have done. It seems like any judgement I may have passed previously seems to fly away. I feel blessed for that. I also truly have grown to love the Book of Mormon. I know it's true.
Have a great week and thank you to all for your love and support. I thank Heavenly Father for my family and friends everyday.
Y'all take care!
Love Sis. Erickson
No comments:
Post a Comment