Monday, November 1, 2010

Another investigator!



Sister Jord

Hey Everyone!

It's been a good week in Dobson for Sis. Flynn and I. We've been trying to build up our investigators and things like that. We have been blessed I know to meet some people who we are going to try to go visit this week. The most neat experience that happened this week involved a lady named Beth. We were looking through former investigators teaching records and seeing if there was anyone we could maybe try to contact again. We were led up to an area we hadn't really been before looking for a man named Billy. When we got to his address he apparently had moved. So we started tracting at a nearby trailor park area. We came upon a lady who was outside on her porch. At first she seemed kind of harsh. She was smoking and didn't really seem all that interested in talking much. She ended up talking to us for about an hour though! We heard about bad experiences she'd had at some Baptist churches. She told us all about her kids and how good they were. She loves them so much. I was really impressed by how good of a mom she seemed to be. Then she got so excited she wanted us to meet them so they all came out and said hi. Cute kids! James, Edward, Jenni, and Abby. Ages 15-7 I think. Then when we thought we weren't gonna get much more out of her related to religion we offered to leave her a card. Sis. Flynn told her she could learn more about the Book of Mormon and such from the website mormon.org. When we went up on her porch to give it to her you could tell a light came on. Mormon?, she said. She said for some reason when we told her the name of the church it just hadn't clicked that it was the same as mormon. Then she proceeded to tell us how about 6 years ago she had been taught by the missionaries! She had had some great experiences with them and still had the Book of Mormon and the pamphlets they'd left because of things she'd written in them that had meant a lot to her. She was about to get baptized. Then one day 2 new Elders showed up at her house. I guess they'd never told her that transfers happen or that they were both being transferred for that matter. It really tore her up. She had felt that she had let them into her private lift and she wasn't ready to open up all over again to new people. So I just asked her if she was ready at this time to learn again and if she would like us to come back and teach her again. She kept looking at the card we gave her and at the name of the church and she just sat there. She was being very thoughtful. I was getting kind of nervous. Then she looked up at us and said yes I really think I do. Then she gave us big hugs and told us she was excited for us to come back this week! So neat! It was a miracle for sure.

The Lord's hand is in his work and he directs us where to go. I'm grateful we are never left alone.

Have a blessed week!

Love Sis. Erickson










No comments:

Post a Comment