Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Power of Prayer

Hello everyone and a Happy Valentine's Day!


First off I just got some exciting news...on March 12th Elder Dallin H. Oaks is coming to the NCCM to speak to us! I am so excited, what a neat experience that will be.

Next piece of exciting news...we were having a lesson at our Bishop's home with Ben. He has been reading a little of the Book of Mormon and believed it. In other words it hasn't conflicted with the bible yet. We challenged him to kneel and pray right there to ask if the Book of Mormon was true. He did. After he asked we all just sat in silence for a while....the whole time I kept praying in my heart..."PLEASE TELL HIM ITS TRUE....!" After about a minute of just kneeling there he quietly said thank you Lord and then ended his prayer. He said that he didn't just hear one voice, but a multitude of voices telling him that it was true! Isn't that so cool?:) I was so happy.

This last week has been good, we had a Zone Conference. I was asked to give a short talk on qualities of a converted missionary. We had all been asked to prepare a 5 minute talk on this topic and then they just announce two people to give them when we get there. I was lucky and got chosen. The conference went really well and I always enjoy being around other missionaries and President and Sister Thomas. They're so great. As I had been preparing for the talk lots of thoughts of conversion had crossed my mind. Then one night my district leader asked me if I would tell him my conversion story. It kind of took me off guard. I have never had an answer to my prayers like Ben had. I haven't had outstanding spiritual experiences in my life where I saw literal divine intervention. I have had countless tiny confirmations in my heart of the truthfulness of the gospel. I have asked many times if the Book of Mormon was true. I always seem to come up with the same answer...I already know.

May Y'all have a blessed week!

Love, Sis. Erickson

PS. These are some funny rumors I heard about Mormons recently.

1. You have to have at least 15 kids...they like you to have 20.

2. If you're 25 and not married you're kicked out of the church.

3. We enlist Black people to be our slaves in heaven.

Oh yeah....gotta love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment