Hey Everybody!
Thanks to everyone who emails and writes and keeps in touch! I really appreciate that. It's been a good and chilly week in North Wilkesboro. Poor Sis. Knight has been sick this past week so we really haven't got to go out much at all. It makes for a lot of study time and cooking. Yes I said cooking. I made a few dishes this week including blueberry cobbler. Delicious treat I had in Dobson. We did manage to make it out to some appointments we had scheduled with Danielle. She's doing so great. Her baptismal date is still set for December 18th. We taught about the Word of Wisdom and she readily accepted it. She works at Dunkin Donuts and says she practically lives off of coffee. She has asked her friends at work to help her drink water instead:) We were however blessed last night to meet a new investigator. Delores Johnson is a less active member of the ward and she is now engaged to a man named Ben Cooper. They are in their late 50's to early 60's. Delores has been to many other churches in the meantime and Ben is very Baptist. They came to fast and testimony meeting and afterwards Delores said that she felt like she was finally home. Ben agreed to learn a little more about the church that meant so much to Delores. We had dinner at the Bishops home that night and the lesson on the Restoration of the gospel. Then we went to the First Presidency Christmas Devotional at the church. It was so great because Ben was extremely open and humble. He has a very tender heart. After the devotional he told us he thinks he may have received an answer on becoming part of the church! How exciting. We're planning on seeing him again this upcoming Friday. I'll keep you tuned in.
I'm grateful for this time of year and the happiness it brings. I believe in Christ and his divine mission to the earth for the salvation of all mankind. I'm so grateful to be a missionary.
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays
Sis. Erickson xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment